An Article on What Indian youngsters learnt from Rahul Dravid...!

During Rahul Dravid's retirement announcement, one of the main questions asked was about filling the void in India's middle order with a worthy replacement. Dravid, stopping short of identifying his successors, replied, "I think there is a huge group of players that can be better than Rahul Dravid." However, MS Dhoni cautioned that it would be unadvisable for them to strictly focus on emulating Dravid, as it could put them under tremendous pressure and hence impede their growth. ESPNcricinfo asked four young Indian batsmen, on the fringes, what they've learnt from Dravid

Cheteshwar Pujara

I was 20 or 21. He was playing for Karnataka against Saurashtra in Rajkot. He is one of my idols. I just wanted to ask him that if I wanted to play at the international level, what should I do and how can I improve myself.

He was very happy to talk to me. He was very friendly. He told me he had heard a lot about me scoring in domestic cricket and he was really impressed with that. When you hear from a big player, that he has heard a bit about you, it is very nice. After that, he gave me a few tips about succeeding at the top level.

If it is similar to your game, it is easier to communicate and even he can understand my mentality, what I am thinking and how I can improve. Because he has gone through this stage many years back, he can understand a youngster's psychology.


No comments:

Post a Comment