Roger Federer's "surreal" journey leads to ninth Wimbledon final

Roger Federer set a Wimbledon final clash with Novak Djokovic after
dismissing Milos Raonic 6-4, 6-4 6-4 in Friday's semi-finals at the All
England Club.

The 32-year-old Swiss is through to his ninth final at The Championships
and is bidding to win an unprecedented eighth title. Victory would mark
his 18th Grand Slam championship win and first since beating Andy Murray
on Centre Court two years ago.

"I'm extremely happy to be in another final," Federer told BBC
television as he walked off court after beating first-time semi-finalist
Raonic in one hour and 41 minutes. "It would mean a lot [to win
Wimbledon again]. I feel unbelievably proud every time I walk the
grounds here. I know I don't have 10 [years] left. I'll try to enjoy it.
The first one in 2003 was a dream come true; it's surreal that I've been
so successful here."

read more at
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2014/06/27/Wimbledon-Friday-Federer-Raonic.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment