Structure and Useful Boks
Common Admission Test (CAT) Notification for admission into PG
Programme in Management (equivalent to MBA) in prestigious Indian
Institutes of Management (IIMs) for 2012-12 has been announced by the
IIMs. The CAT will be conducted online for 20 days from 22 October
2011 to 18 November 2011. CAT scores will be considered for admission
into PGP in Management in IIMs at Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Calcutta,
Indore, Kozhicode, Lucknow, Ranchi, Rohtak, Udaipur, Thiruchirapalli,
Raipur, Kashipur and RGIIM- Shillong. Along with PGP in
Management,some IIMs also offer Fellow Programs based on CAT score.
CAT 2011 vouchers can be obtained from designated Axis Bank branches
across India from 17 August 2011 to 26 September 2011. Cost of
application/ voucher in Rs. 1600 (For SC, ST candidates Rs. 800).
Apart from IIMs, there are so many prestigious private B-Schools which
consider CAT scores for admission into their management courses of
Essential Eligibility: The applicants must have a Bachelor's Degree
with minimum 50 percent marks. Candidates appearing for the final year
exams of degree and those awaiting for results can also apply. IIMs
have specific eligibility criteria apart from CAT score. Candidates
have to maintain a valid email account throughout the selection
process for communication. CAT voucher must be bought only in the name
of the candidate as it appears in SSC or 10th class certificate.
Application Procedure: After purchasing CAT 2011 voucher, candidates
need to login to the website www.catiim.in and should watch the CAT
2011 video. The registration process will start from 17 August 2011
and closes on 28 September 2011. Detailed process for registration
available on the above mentioned CAT 2011 website.
The test will be conducted in number of venues across the country.
There have been changes in the CAT 2011 examination structure and
question paper pattern. There will be only two sections instead of
earlier three sections. All other details regarding new question paper
pattern, application process, test structure, question paper
structure, old CAT exam papers, bank branches, Online Test procedure,
Programs available in IIMs and Non-IIMs and reporting for the test are
available on IIMs websites along with www.catiim.in .
Useful Books for CAT Preparation:
1. How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for CAT by Arun Sharma
2. The Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude for CAT by Nishit K. Sinha
3. How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT
by Arun Sharma
4. The Pearson Guide to Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation by
Nishit K Sinha
5. Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT and other MBA
Entrance Exams by TIME (Pearson Publications)
6. How to prepare for Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning for
CAT by Arun Sharma
7. The Pearson Guide to Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning for
CAT by Nishit K. Sinha
8. Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning for the CAT by TIME
These books are also useful for national level MBA entrance
examinations like MAT, XAT, SNAP, FMS and related standard exams.
1) Registration Starts: 17th August 2011
2) Close of Registration: 28th September 2011
3) CAT 2011 Dates: 22 October 2011 - 18 November 2011
4) Website: www.catiim.in
5) IVRS Number: 1800 103 7383