- Kedarnath Singh, a noted Hindi poet has been chosen for the Jnanpith award for 2013. He is the 10th Hindi writer to receive the honour.
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival programme was in news because India-born Pratishtha Khanna was recognized as one of the ten champion of change
- Russian Deputy Prime Minister, Dmitry O Rogozin was on a two-day visit to India. During this visit he met with Narendra Modi and Sushma Swaraj.
Shashidhar Reddy, the Vice Chairman of NDMA along with five other members resigned from their posts. NDMA is headed by the PM.
Magnus Carlsen on 18 June 2014 bagged the FIDE World Rapid Chess Championship title in Dubai.
Government has reconstituted 6 Cabinet Committees of which 4 will be headed by Narendra Modi and remaining two by Rajnath Singh.
India-born Pratishtha Khanna is honoured Champions of Change by the White House.
Indian infrastructure giant, GMR has won the arbitration award against Maldivian government for wrongful termination of Airport project contract.
India won the Bangladesh series 2-0. The third and final ODI was abandoned due to incessant rain in Mirpur, near Dhaka.
Rajeev Topno was appointed as Private Secretary to Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The ACC headed by PM Narendra Modi approved the name.
myCopter Project Day will be held in Braunschweig in Germany on 20 November 2014.
Taiwanese poet, Yu Hsi translated 1330 couplets Tirukkural and poems of poet Subramanya Bharathi in Mandarin language.
Union Health Ministry gave consent for setting up of the Regional Institute of Paramedical Sciences in AIIMS Bhopal.
Former Captain of Bangladesh Mohammad Ashraful on 18 June 2014 was banned for eight years by the disciplinary panel
Former Nazi camp guard, Johann Breyer accused of aiding and abetting killing of Jews was arrested without bail in Philadelphia on 17 June 2014.
- Surface-to-air Akash missile was successfully test fired by Army in very low altitude of 30 meters above sea level.
- RBI has directed banks to disclose sector-wise advances in the Notes to Accounts to the financial statements from financial year 2014-15 onwards.
- The prize recognizes individuals who have advanced human development by improving the quality, quantity or availability of food in the world.
- An 1856 British Guiana 1-cent postage stamp was sold for record 9.5 million US dollar on 18 June 2014 to become the world's most valuable stamp.
- WHO said that since outbreak of Ebola virus 337 people have died in West Africa. Guinea is the worst affected country.
- 367 exotic new species were discovered in the greater Mekong region
- Militants on 17 June 2014 captured Iraq's largest oil refinery Baiji refinery.
- Sanjaya Rajaram honoured World Food Prize 2014.
- 40 Indian workers on 17 June 2014 were reported to be missing from Mosul, Iraq.
- Chhattisgarh Governor, Shekhar Dutt tendered his resignation to the President of India amid pressure of NDA government.
- Peace and Security Council of African Union has restored the membership of Egypt into the apex body of African nations.
- Union Cabinet approved constitution of a Supervisory Committee on the Mullaperiyar Dam to look into the issues of safety and restoration of the dam.
- Barack Obama on 17 June 2014 announced the plans of creating the world's biggest Marine Protected Area (MPA) in Pacific Ocean.
- The Tax Administration Reform Commission (TARC) headed by Parthasarathi Shome submitted its report to the Union Ministry of Finance on 15 June 2014.
- Nita Ambani on 18 June 2014 was appointed as the Director of Reliance Industries.
- Najeeb Jung, the lieutenant Governor of Delhi, on 17 June 2013 approved setting up of 500 water ATMs in Delhi.
- MP government approved the Narmada-Malwa-Gambhir Link Project (NMLP) and sanctioned 2143 crore rupees for the project.
- SEBI issued new norms for public issuance of debt securities.
Tags:Current Affairs,Current affairs 2014.